kokaa's blog

Friday, November 04, 2005

Never a bed of roses...

A musky damp room,
Odor of moist ash hung in the air,
I stooped down; there was my koala bear,
Memories tossed about…
All lost, all burnt.

The angry storm lashed outside,
Harsh winds whipped through the sides,
Ashes rose in tides,
Uncovering more mementos I couldn’t recognize.

There was the family portrait,
Taken when I was just seven days
Burnt beyond recognition…
From the frame I could tell…

Eyes glistening with tears,
I dropped on my knees,
And cried out my eyes…
This was my life!
As the storm passed,
I looked up with puffy eyes.

A ray of light filtered though;
On a heap of ashes it fell…
Where lay a rose…
Shimmering with dew;
Bringing me a smile…

With a lightened heart,
I stood up to leave
There was still hope, life would go on…
But never would it be, a bed of roses,
That I realized…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home