kokaa's blog

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 1: we left; finally!


I’ve always thought of Kathmandu as a little town hustling n bustling with activity on the top of the world, alive with colour, tiny buses and cars puffing up smoke, with tiny little mud houses in the periphery, (any ways that’s how I imagine it would be portrayed in a cartoon) little mud houses with its very own little goats n buffalos grazing nearby and cute little grannys on the front porches puffing away on their hukaas (waterpipes)





Now I am too, a part of that scene, heading towards Bhirava (which is near the Indian border). All 44 of us from our batch were packed into one of those buses, en route to India; yes, finally we’ve left on that trip I’ve been telling everyone about for years!

The bus we traveled in; it was from Nishan travels so I presume it would be an accurate guesstimate that it would be awesome ;)

D, I am sorry but I broke a promise I made you, it was just too tempting!!! I promise I was sitting in the bus like a good lile girl, but there was a traffic jam and we had to wait on the road for a couple of hours… n you know how easily I can get bored! We ended up climbing on the hood of the bus just to pass the time… and there we remained until we reached narayanghat (Chitwan) I am not sorry one bit I did that!!!

View from the top of the bus – to the side its river trishuli which you see flowing, that’s where we went white water rafting in 1st year

The highway near narayanghat was narrow and flanked by dense foliage, the trees were silhouetted against the night sky and we saw the stars shining in between; it deceived the eye, it was as though the stars were moving instead of us! And the flickering fairy lights made it all the more magical! the best part was, that i had my friends with me...

We reached Bhairava, Sidhartha(ahem)nagar almost 5 hours later than we should have cause of the landslides… groggy we stumbled out the bus and into the hotel’s warm beds we so needed!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home